Tuesday, September 9, 2008

RSS... Really Spiffy Stuff.... or Real Simple Syndication?

So, finally I have conquered the world of RSS (or Real Simple Syndication). Now that I have done this section twice (as I just didn't get it the first time), it would seem that it is perhaps "simple" as the name suggests. Anyway, I have attached a link to the Powerhouse Museum's Image of the Day. These are generally pretty cool. I have being looking on a daily basis for the last week.

A really well set up blog that belongs to Helene Blowers is
http://librarybytes.com/

Check that one out when you can, I recommend it!

RSS and newsreaders are a great idea to add to your blog, you can keep up-to-date with the fast paced moving world around you. I think it is a great idea for Libraries to add these RSS feeds to their websites for community knowlegde as well. In my bloglines page, I added The Dilbert Daily Strip (Comic), The daily astrology for Taurus, The Powerhouse Museum, Venture Blogs and Lessig Blog.

No comments: